Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Lovin

I can hardly believe Carter only has 2 more weeks of summer vacation left.  The time went by so fast.  I haven't even thought about school, for him, since he left.  We have had a great summer though.  I have enjoyed having him home with me.  Chase has enjoyed him also because he has had a playmate  everyday.  Sometimes I can't believe how well my boys play together.  

 
This year we have enjoyed

Swimming
Summer Movie Fun
The Beach
Family in St. George
Having one of the kids favorite cousins here for a few weeks
Aquarium of the Pacific
Friends
Snuggling on the couch
Playing UNO


We haven't done anything spectacular this year, but it doesn't always take spectacular things to have a great time. 

On a side note.  Our daughter is going to be spoiled by her brothers.  They are so excited!  While we were in St. George my niece that is still 8 lbs was there.  Chase wanted to know if she could be out baby.  Sorry  son... she is cute, but she isn't ours.  He wanted to hold her binky for in for her, and when she started crying in the car both kids were freaked out that something was wrong.  Then Sunday at church a little girl walked in with her super frilly pink dress on.  Chase said, "Mom, we gotta buy that princess dress for my sister."  He has a fascination for beautiful things.  Carter loves feeling her move in my stomach.  He is constantly asking if she is awake.  Only a few more weeks boys, and mom will take you up on your offer to help.

2 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Oh my, that girl is gonna get some lovin!

Scott and Valary Smith said...

I highly recommend having 2 boys and then a girl. My boys are in love with their sister! They pick out her outfits and always want to buy things for her. I am glad that they are always thinking of her. Your boys are really nice so I can definitely guess how nice they are going to be to your little girl!