Friday, July 17, 2009

One Last Outing


We have had my nephew for the last two weeks, and today is his last day.  We have really enjoyed having him in our home and wanted to do something fun with him before he leaves today.  I had heard that the Phoenix Zoo opens at 6:00am for members, and sure enough it does!  So I broke up their slumber party last night so they could get some sleep.  Then I woke everyoe up at 5:30 in the morning to go see the animals before it got too hot.
Don't get me wrong, it was still hot at 6:00 am, but it was bearable.  When we got to the zoo we walked around and enjoyed the animals, but being so big and pregnant walking around the zo0 all day wasn't an option.  So we let the kids play in the splash pad for about an hour.  Yes, you can play in the cold water at 7:00 in the morning.  At 8:30 we rode the Safari Train around the zoo to see the animals.  I highly recommend this!  I didn't have to walk at all and we got to see plenty of animals!  The lions and rino's even stood up for us.  The best part about the zoo this morning was the lack of a crowd.  I bet only 20-30 people were there total.  We were able to enjoy time together as a family.

Thanks for coming to visit Garrett.  We have really enjoyed having you.  I know you are looking forward to riding the airplane home all by yourself today.  I know you will be great for the flight attendants and really enjoy yourself! 

Sorry for the horrible picture.  It is from my cell phone because I left my camera at Garrett's house 2 weeks ago. 

0 comments: