Saturday, September 26, 2009

Manhood

A few months ago my 6 year old was begging to play tackle football.  You could say I was a little reluctant.  For the next few weeks I heard begging from dad and child, and finally I gave in...which is what usually happens...I'm a softy.   I think I wouldn't even have put up a fight if I had known the out come of my decision.  

I get to see

And if you look really closely you will see my son lined up fearlessly at QB.  

I also get to see this.  Ok, blow the picture up.  Yes, the hot guy out there coaching those boys is my good looking husband.  The best part about having your husband coach is not having to go to EVERY practice and game because he can't put it off on me!

And, lastly, I got to take my really cute daughter's picture with this really big guy.  He is the organizational leader for the football team.  When I stand next to him I feel really small, but only in size because he is a pretty nice guy.

Most of the time when it is football season I ball my fists, throw myself on the floor, and throw a full on fit in my adult way.  I dread this time of year due to endless hours of sports center, college football, and the NFL....ugh.  It is not to say that I don't like football.  I like it, but um....not soooooooooo much of it.  This year has been a little better.  Watching my sons team be undefeated is something to enjoy and appreciate.  I can almost say I love football.  This morning I was screaming like a mad woman, couldn't sit in my chair, almost lost my voice.  GO, KINGS, Go.  OFFENSE, DEFENSE.  LET'S GO KINGS, LET'S GO!  WAHOOO  I caught the football fever.  

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh!! Carter looks so big in that uniform!! I can NOT wait for Ty to be doing things like that. Taylor looks so cute in her little outfit too. So little. That's cool that Dan is so involved. I hope Brent gets like that.

Anonymous said...

Carter looks like a total stud in his uniform. I bet Carter loves playing too it looks like it would be lots of fun. I showed this to Dan and he was already talking about how he can't wait for his kids to play sports....I hope it doesn't come too fast I can't believe that Ember is almost going to be a Sunbeam and in preschool....time passes too fast. The pics are adorable.

Rashel said...

Mary you are so cute! I cant wait until I can put Corbin in football! I am going to be the same way. I am actually excited to put Corbin in football to help him take out his aggresion! You have such a cute family. I love ready about you guys.

Sarah H said...

OH boy! He looks so big!