Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving with TY!

We had the best Thanksgiving this year! We went to Mesquite, NV and celebrated with Daniel's family. The best part...Ty was there. For those of you who don't know, Ty is Daniel's nephew who is going through chemotherapy and fighting Histiocytosis. It was so great to be able to see Ty...and his mom and dad!


We did do more than just play with Ty. Daniel went golfing twice and watched our kids quite a bit. (With no complaints) Carter and Chase played with their cousins the entire time. We barely had to deal with them, and bedtime wasn't bad because they were so exhausted. Carter Helped Grandma decorate her Christmas tree with 30 ornaments in one tiny area. he said he spread them out. Grandma showed him what spread out meant....I hope he does better on our tree tonight. I got to help make Thanksgiving dinner. Go to bed late Thanksgiving night, wake up at 2:30am to go black Friday shopping. I didn't buy that much, but it is a tradition and in between all of us we saved over $700. I also got to go to Tai Pan... I didn't buy very much their either, but it was fun. Pretty much I shoped, did puzzles, and gossiped the entire weekend. Thanks to Jenn, Payton, Mom, and Dad for hosting us. We had a blast!

4 comments:

Annessa said...

Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving!

Annessa said...

Hey, wait! That picture of Santa had to be taken in San Jose - look how little Chase is!

mamazita said...

Yep! I think that was Chase's first Christmas. I just wanted a cute picture!

Aubrey said...

Ty had so much fun too! This Thanksgiving was priceless and I'm so glad that we spent it with you!