Saturday, August 9, 2008

We are in our new house!

We are officially in our new house, and we got the internet hooked up yesterday! We are very happy to have a place to call our own. For those of you who didn't know we have been living in other peoples homes for a month now. We are so thankful to those who helped us make this move.
All of us are doing really well here. Carter has already had 2 play dates, and Chase was invited to one but we couldn't go. Carter is really adjusting to school and is already sounding out words better. It is so nice to have someone else teaching him what I have been trying to teach for the last few years. Chase is having a hard time with Carter at school. Yesterday he wanted to call him and ask him to come home. When he did arrive home Chase was nothing but smiles.
I hate the heat, but having a home makes it better. We made the boys share a room and used the others for a play room and guest room. Now they have space to play inside when it is so hot outside. They have really awesome pools here. The newest one to open up has two huge water slides and zero depth play area. It only costs $1.50 per adult and $0.50 per child. We go at least twice a week. People say that in the next 4-8 weeks it should cool down!

4 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Ok, post pictures! Of course when you get it all decorated. I haven't posted any because I can't decide what to do in some places. I need an interior decorator!!!!!!

Annessa said...

I'm so glad you're in your home! Please call me so I can get your phone number!

The Kelly Family said...

I'm glad you have a place of your own :) Sounds like you guys are adjusting and enjoying it out there. Next summer, I bet you won't even notice the heat. And you'll be one of those people who thinks it's cold because it is 60 degrees outside. I'm gonna come visit one of these days. I'm serious!!

Sherree Mullen said...

I know how long and how excited you have been to have a home of your own. No one knowshow hard it is untill they have lived on someone elses home just how much it all means. I am so happy for you and your family.