Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pat's Run 2009

This year I had a crazy idea to run/walk the Pat Tillman Run.  A friend of mine had decided to run it already and we made it into a family ordeal.  Lisa ran and I jogged/walked 4.2 miles!  Lisa has been inspirational in becoming healthy.  I was excited to participate in her first run with her.  Then later Daniel and Lisa's husband Danny....(I know another Dan name) ran the kids run of .42 miles with the kids.
Lisa and I didn't have a camera at the finish line.  A nice guy took the picture below and emailed it to my junk email.  I was happy to have a junk email today.  Here we are smiling super big and proud.  

We even finished faster than I had expected!

The kids were so pumped for their race!  They could barely wait to get started.  They both ran the entire way.  Chase finished in 2 minutes and 26 seconds.  I think the course was a little less than .42 miles because I really don't think my 3 year old can run a 6 minute mile!


After the race we went into the Tillman Tunnel.  They had the locker room blocked off, but you could see inside.  They have a tribute to Pat on the walls. 

Today has been a long day, but it has been really fun!   Oh, and in case you are wondering...I don't recommend run/walking a 4.2 mile race at 21.5 weeks pregnant.  My feet hurt so bad! Plus, I got the weirdest looks.....even though Lisa said it was all in my head.  

5 comments:

Carol said...

good job on the race!!

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Good Job Mare! You are a better woman than me I don't think I would do a walk/run let alone finish it! Love you.

The Wendt Wagon said...

How much fun. I can't believe you did that 5 months pregnant. I think I would have fallen over on my face. I get so much more clutzier than normal when I am pregnant. How Awesome. What fun memories for your boys too.

The Kelly Family said...

Good job on your run! I think it's cute that the boys got to run, too. I need a pregnant belly shot.

Sarah H said...

Wow, good job!
And how exciting that you are having a girl!!