Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mini Vacation

We have been planning a mini vacation to my parents house in Grass Valley, CA for a month now. We needed some time to do fun things as a family. We went down to bridgeport where they have an old wooden covered bridge. I did get a picture of it, but carter looks extra funny so you don't get to see it. The bridge goes over the Yuba river where I used to go swimming as a kid. We crossed the bridge a noticed a 1 mile trail to Engelbright Lake and thought what the heck.

The kids were such sports. The were jumping and trying to run the trail. Carter kept saying he wasn't having fun, but he was really enjoying himself. This is a picture of the boys when we reached the Lake. The water is WAY to cold to get into right now, but that didn't stop the boys from begging. The answer was NO.
This was the first break we took. Amazingly it was on the way back. Like I said...The boys did really well. I forgot how much I love to hike. I also forgot how much I miss home. It was so fun to be back in the valley and see so many amazing thins.
Daniel enjoyed the hike also. He just had to clim this tree. I secretly was cringing inside. I was worried. What if something happened to him and I had to hike almost a mile to help with a hurt husband and 2 young boys. Good thing he was fine. But someone please feel bad for me. Their is nothing girly about this family but me.

The next day we went up into the mountains and played in the snow. I didn't enjoy the snow much. We didn't go high enough so it was hard and icy. No snowmen...just snowballs.
Carter had a hard time making snowballs at first, but once he got the hang of it he was crazy. He could throw snow at mom, dad, and brother and not get into trouble.
Chase was a little more cautous. I think because he is small and sinks to the waist easily. I love you chase...you are just so cute!

2 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Good for you to spend time relaxing and having fun...it refreshes your soul. You can send some of your boys attributes this way because having only one boy and two girls overrides any boyish stuff. Sam needs a brother!

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Boys are a lot more fun than girls. Besides when they get older they'll have wives then you'll get the daughters! I love you guys and I miss ya soooo much.