Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Christmas in October

I did not record any of my feelings at the end of pregnancy with the other 3 babies.  At least not that I remember.  I could write it in my journal, but I thought I would let everyone know I am still pregnant.

There were a lot of people pregnant and due within two weeks of me.  Some before...some after....and one on the same day.  I am not used to being last.  The girl due the same day as me asked if I could feel myself getting grumpier every day.... lol.  Yes, that is exactly how I was feeling.  Then, last night, I made a mental note of all the things that are better about being pregnant. 

1. I slept through the night.  Yep the entire night!  I did not even get up to use the restroom :)

2. I have a midterm for Bio 202 next week.  It is brutal.  I do not have an extra cute distraction to keep me from studying.

3. NO little rinse bottle.  You ladies know exactly what I am talking about....  the bottle that replaces toilet paper. 

4. My mom will be here in 2 days!  She may actually be here for the birth of one of my children!

5. The baby gear is still in a box, and not all over my house.  No bouncer, swing, cradle, and car seat taking over the living room.

6. I am not leaking. (I really do not enjoy nursing)

7.  Taylor is not a total nightmare.  I am a little worried about the jealousy factor.  She is a little spoiled.


I am sure there are more.  I could go on, but I do not want to convince myself that I don't want a bay at all.  They are a lot of work, and I AM about to have one.

This morning I was not feeling as positive as last night.  A friend asked how I was feeling.  I told him "I feel like it is Christmas, and I only got socks."  That was a perfect description.  It conveys the secret jealousy of the other ladies.  It describes the disappointment I feel every morning when I wake up still pregnant.  It describes the anticipation and excitement.  Christmas....and babies.... Can you see the connection?

A lot of people are nervous I am going to have the baby and they will not get the news.  Do not worry.  I will shout it from the roof tops.  I will send out a mass text.  I will post of Facebook. I will even post on our blog. 

After all...it will be Christmas.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

almost there!! But, I don't blame you. :)

Knudson Family said...

Great list. Do enjoy those things....(if you still haven't had your baby. this is 2 days later!) Then that sweet little baby will not make you mind those things so much. I laughed pretty hard about the rinse bottle. I HATE those!!!