Friday, November 7, 2008

The Boys Room

I decided it has been long enough since I posted a picture of my house, and that you could all stand to see some more pictures ;)  This is obviously the boys room.  Some of you may be thinking that it is mean to make them share a room when we have 4, but now they can have a playroom and a sleeping room.  They used to get up and play with toys at night, but now they can't because toys are not allowed in their room, and their room stays clean now.  So this is what you see walking into the room.

The lamp was a good buy from target.  It had a piece broken on the inside that was easy to repair and I got an additional discount!  I got the bedding a PB.  I still can't figure out if it is worth what we payed for it.  Don't get me wrong it is great quality and the boys and I love the way it looks, but Carter gets nose bleeds at night and I am constantly worrying about this expensive  buy.  What was I thinking?
Did I mention they love sharing a room?  I actually think that if we split them up they would be upset about it.  Also, we are no longer letting Chase get into bed with us in the middle of the night.  Daniel and I are taking turns every night putting him back into bed.  We have had a Chase free bed for 2 nights now!
The boys are as excited about how their room turned out as I am.  They love to show it off.  They don't even pull on the border because they want it to look nice.  I got the stickers for the boarder at the dollar store!  I can't believe how great they look.

I got the pegs for their backpacks from Michaels.  They were only a dollar each and my niece, Oakley, helped me paint them.  Thanks Oakley!  I would love to do a few more things to their room, but I won't go into debt doing the, so they will have to wait.

8 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Mary,
I love the boys' room. I really like the colors you chose. And if I all boys/girls they would be in the same room too. If there could be no toys in the bedrooms, that would be huge for us! Plus, their room probably always looks nice and clean. Great job...can't wait to see more!:)

McB's said...

That room is so CUTE! We don't have toys in Kassidy's room either cuz then she'll just play all night, lol. Have you thought about going to the Chiropractor to stop nosebleeds? What are they from? My sister had them all the time and went to the chiro. and they stopped...wait a minute isn't that what your husband does?? LOL. I'm sure you have everything under control! Can't wait for the zoo :)

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

You are so creative! I love the boys room.

McB's said...

How funny, I had an 84 prelude about 8 years ago and it was one of my favorite cars but I never got it up that fast, too afraid it was blow up! hehe.

Jenny said...

Hey! the room looks awesome awesome awesome! I love it. And that chair is incredible. Job well done! (This is Jenny Green by the way:))

Sarah H said...

The boys room looks great! That's so funny they used to get up at night and play with toys.
Lucky them to have a play room and a bedroom .
take care.

Annessa said...

Love it! You are so talented. We'll have to ship you up here whenever we move next so you can help me decorate - you could even do a girls room!

Lisa said...

You did an amazing job!!! I wish I was that creative. And what a good idea to have a rule not to have toys in their room. We will eventually change our guest room to a play room too, someday.